A toothbrush is something we use on a daily basis and they’re not just great for teeth!
They have a huge range of uses that could help you through everyday life.
Take a look at the range of amazing uses below…
- Cleaning the bathroom – especially around the taps and toilet hinges!
- Make your computer keyboard sparkle, it’s amazing how much dirt is stuck in there.river practice
- Get rid of a splinter. Place a toothbrush in warm water and lightly rub on your skin, making the splinter come to the surface.
- A toothbrush is the perfect exfoliator for your lips – but be careful when you scrub away the dead skin.
- Carefully clean in and around your nails with warm, soapy water.
- Love your bike? Clean the chains with a toothbrush for great results.
- Do you have wild eyebrows? Keep them how you want by brushing them with a toothbrush – genius!
- Clean your kitchen appliances such as hob, toaster and around knobs.
- Do your roots need touching up? A toothbrush can do the job.
- Did you shoes get dirty after a Cornish walk? Simply use a toothbrush to remove the build up of dirt.
- Get in-between tiles and remove tough stains.
- Small carpet stain you just can’t budge? Try a toothbrush.
- Keep fish? Stay on top of cleaning the tank with a little help from a toothbrush.
- Have you ever come downstairs to find your kids drawing on the wall? A toothbrush could be the answer to getting rid of those marks.
- Fridges can get really dirty, fast – and what about those hard to reach tiny areas? Let a toothbrush do the hard work for you.
- Make art! That’s right, use a toothbrush yourself or pop it into your child’s craft box. Imagine the pretty paintings they could make – it could keep them entertained for hours.
- Cleaning the car can be a boring task, but with your trusty toothbrush you can make your air vents, buttons and even the number plate sparkling clean.
- Some vegetables can be hard to get clean. A toothbrush can be used to remove dirt easily and quickly.
- Have lots of jewellery to care for? A toothbrush can be good to have just in case you need to clean around those tricky areas.
- Blinds can easily pick up dust and this can be hard to clean. You need something small – you guessed it, a toothbrush!
- Grab a toothbrush and get those hairs out of your hairbrush easily.
- What about the kitchen sink? This too can get filled with horrible food you really don’t want to touch! Grab that toothbrush.
- Coffee addict? Clean the coffee machine easily with a toothbrush to give you a helping hand.
How to ensure you’re brushing your teeth efficiently
It is advised to brush your teeth twice a day for at least two minutes. Using short, gentle strokes, brush your teeth and ensure you are getting into those hard to reach areas. This includes the back of your teeth, your tongue, the gum line and places you have had work done such as fillings and crowns.
A soft bristles brush is recommended when brushing your teeth. If you are unsure, when you next visit River Practice simply ask your dentist what is best for your teeth and gums.
It is also important that you replace your toothbrush on a regular basis. It is recommended to do so every three months and when it begins to wear out. Also, when you suffer from a cold or infection, be sure to pick up another toothbrush to stay healthy and avoid the growth of bacteria.
Here at River Practice in Truro, we offer a whole range of services. Our dental hygienist, Alison Brown has worked in the industry for 25 years. She understands that visiting the dentist can be a nerve-wracking experience but a visit can be just what you need. She offers teeth cleaning, advice and so much more.